|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
|MSocSc(Psy)||FT / PT|
The Master of Social Sciences in the field of Psychology [MSocSc(Psychology)] course is designed to:
1. provide university graduates with an opportunity to acquire solid foundation in psychology with a strong understanding of psychology theories and research methods;
2. bring students to a level where they should be eligible to apply for graduate membership of the Hong Kong Psychological Society. Also, they should become eligible to apply for the programmes leading to the degrees of MSocSc in Clinical Psychology and in Educational Psychology, as well as research postgraduate degrees in psychology, if they have successfully completed all compulsory courses and the dissertation course.
3. help students develop research competence in psychology, preparing them well for advanced professional training and a career in psychology and related fields.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (one year)
Part Time (two years)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
1) To be eligible for admission to the programme, a candidate shall hold
(a) i) a Bachelor's degree of this University; or
ii) another qualification of equivalent standard from this University or from another University or comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
(b) preferably have more than one year work experience;
(c) satisfy the examiners in the qualifying examination and interview if shortlisted; and
(d) comply with the regulations for the degree of Master of Social Sciences.
2) The University's English language requirements are as follows:
Applicants with qualifications from a university or comparable institution OUTSIDE Hong Kong where the language of teaching or examination is NOT English are required to obtain:
(a) a score of 550 or above (paper-based test) or 80 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or
(b) a minimum overall band of 6 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
(c) grade C or above in either the Overseas General Certificate of Education, the International General Certificate of Secondary Education, or the Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language.
TOEFL applicants should request the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send an official score report to the University (TOEFL code 9671) direct. The scores are valid for 2 years.
Programme Admissions Advisor(s)
|Dr Frances Jingwen JIN|
|Tel:||3917 2375 / 3917 7122|
List of Programmes
Full Time: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), Early January 2022 (exact date to be confirmed)
Part Time: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), Early January 2022 (exact date to be confirmed)