|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
|MExpArtsTh||FT / PT|
The MExpArtsTh programme provides multi-modality (multiple arts forms) training in expressive arts therapy in the fields of healthcare, education and community development. It aims to cultivate competent clinical and educational specialists ready to lead the development of the field of expressive arts therapy in Hong Kong and Asia. The objectives of the programme are:
(1) To advance expressive arts therapy knowledge exchange and training development in Hong Kong;
(2) To ensure that students are grounded in evidence-based expressive arts therapy practice and contributing to research development; and
(3) To serve as the hub for international collaboration and local interdisciplinary training in expressive arts therapy.
Students are required to complete 10 compulsory courses, 2 elective courses, a practicum of 500 to 750 hours and a dissertation. Graduates are eligible for professional registration as a Registered Arts Therapist (AThR) with the Australian, New Zealand and Asian Creative Arts Therapies Association (ANZACATA) upon completion of 750 practicum hours.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (two years, with classes conducted during weekday evenings and occasional weekends)
Part Time (three years, with classes conducted during weekday evenings and occasional weekends)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
Applicants shall hold a Bachelor's degree of HKU or an equivalent qualification from a comparable institution, preferably in a field related to social sciences, healthcare, education or arts disciplines. Candidates with qualifications other than a Bachelor's degree will be considered on their individual merits. A minimum of three years of relevant post-qualification working experience is preferred. In addition, applicants shall submit an arts portfolio to demonstrate proficiency in using at least one arts form, (visual art, music, dance, drama or poetry). Qualifying examinations to test the applicants' abilities to follow the prescribed courses and/or interviews may be conducted.
Applicants with qualifications from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong where the language of teaching or examination is not English are required, unless exceptionally exempted, to obtain:
1. a score of 550 or above (paper-based test) or 80 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or
2. a minimum overall band of 6 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
3. grade C or above in either the Overseas General Certificate of Education, the International General Certificate of Secondary Education, or the Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language.
Programme Admissions Advisor(s)
|Professor Rainbow Ho|
List of Programmes
Full Time: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), January 31, 2022
Part Time: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), January 31, 2022