The successful submission of an online application consists of the following steps:
1. Establish your account
- Register your account when you use the online system for the first time.
- Provide full name, a valid email address and a username. Your account will be identified by the username in future.
- Check the box indicating that you agree to the general points pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance as set out in the Personal Information Collection Statement and the General Data Protection Regulation to complete the registration procedure.
- Write down your user name and password for future reference.
- If you forget your password, click Forget Password on the login page.
- If you are applying for more than one field/programme of study, please register with a new username and complete a new online application form for each one.
2. Complete the online application form
- The online application system is best viewed with Internet Explorer 6 or above.
- Fill in the requested information and click Save and then Continue to save the data entered and proceed to next section. The system will logout if the screen is inactive for 20 minutes.
- Click Logout if you want to exit and continue later.
- Click Preview to check all your information.
3. Payment of application fees
- After you have filled in all the requested information in each section in order, you will come to the Payment and Submission section. All application fees once paid are non-refundable.
- Please pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) only, other cards including debit card is not acceptable.
- You will not be able to change your application details online once you have paid your application fee.
- All application fees once paid are non-refundable.
- An acknowledgement email with application number will be sent to you for a successfully submitted application.
4. Documents to support your application
Please click "Instructions and Supporting Documents" listed under your chosen programme(s). Please note that documents once submitted will not be returned, and will be destroyed if the application is unsuccessful. All documents should be submitted to the relevant faculty by the application deadline.
General supporting documents include:
- Officially certified degree certificate(s)^ and transcript(s)^ of your undergraduate studies.
- Official score report on an English Language proficiency test such as TOEFL# (The TOEFL code of HKU is 9671) or IELTS#, for applicants with qualifications from institutions outside Hong Kong where the language of instruction and examination is not English.
- Any other documents required by individual programmes, for example: GMAT score* and Referees' reports.
5. Online application
Proceed to choose your programme and establish an account. If you already have established a user account for your application, login to retrieve your application.
* Only GMAT scores recorded in the five years before the date of application are considered.
# Only TOEFL/IELTS scores recorded in the two years before the date of application are considered.
^(i) Bachelor degree should be conferred on or before August 31 of the current admission year. And, documents which are not in English should be accompanied by a formally certified translation in English by the issuing authority or lawyer or notary public or consulate general or certified translator or court translator.
(ii) For qualifications obtained from universities in Mainland China: Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate (教育部学历证书电子注册备案表) and Online Verification Report of Higher Education Degree Certificate (中国高等教育学位在线验证报告) issued by the CHSI (学信网) is required.