The Global Engineering and Business Programme is a BEng/BEng(BME) and BBA double degree programme jointly offered by the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Business and Economics. The programme features are as follows:
• This is an inter-disciplinary programme in which students will acquire professional knowledge in both Engineering and Business in a global perspective.
• Students will undertake the first four years of study focusing in BEng or BEng(BME) curriculum, with a number of courses in Business. After completion, students will obtain a degree of BEng or BEng(BME). The fifth year of study is leading to the degree of BBA with one of the following majors:
- Major in Entrepreneurship, Design and Innovation (Note: Candidates must undergo a selection process arranged by the Programme Coordinator for EDI)
- Major in Finance
- Major in Human Resource Management
- Major in Information Systems and Analytics (Note: Major in ISA is not open to candidates of BEng in Computer Science)
- Major in Marketing
All BEng programmes now being offered under the code 6937 are accredited by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE).
Graduates of the BBA programme are eligible for earning the Chartered Global Management Accountants (CGMA), with part of the CIMA examinations exempted, provided that they have completed all required subjects specified in the CIMA mapping guidance.
The majority of BEng graduates will work in the engineering sector, with other students serving the societies in the business, education, social and community sector. Around 15% of the BEng graduates will pursue further studies in Hong Kong or overseas. At the same time, as BBA graduates, students can also pursue a career in fields such as accounting, advertising, banking, brand management, customer relationship management, finance, human resource management, information systems, investment, marketing research and marketing management.
The BASc(FinTech) programme equips you with integrated knowledge in finance and technology to pioneer the…
The BENG(BME) programme empowers the next generation of engineers to advance biomedical practices and…
The BEng(EngSc) programme teaches multidisciplinary knowledge and skills in engineering and other non-…