|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
|LLM(CFL)||FT / PT|
The LLM(CFL) programme gives students the benefit of world class academic expertise in corporate and financial law. The programme provides comprehensive resources for the study of domestic and international law, as well as those important issues of legal doctrine and practice that typically arise within a sophisticated commercial common law jurisdiction. Hong Kong is a leading financial centre; its vibrant economy, advanced judicial system, and authoritative financial regulatory platform provide an outstanding background for informed study, which is matched only by the most technical jurisdictions.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (one year)
Part Time (two years)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
Applicants must comply with the General Regulations and fulfil at least one of requirements (1) to (3) below AND (if applicable) requirement (4):
(1) hold a degree of Bachelor of Laws with at least good second class honours or an equivalentqualification accepted by the University for this purpose; or
(2) hold a degree in a discipline other than law with at least good second class honours and accepted bythe University for this purpose, and have accumulated at least three years' substantive and relevant experience, and appropriate professional qualifications; or
3) have obtained either the Common Professional Examination of England and Wales or the CommonProfessional Examination Certificate of this University, provided that in either case a good second class honours degree or a qualification of equivalent standard of this University or a comparable higher education institution accepted for this purpose has also been obtained; and if applicable:
4) For a candidate seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparableinstitution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and examination is not English, shall satisfy the Faculty English language requirement with one of the following recognized English tests:
(i) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) - an overall band score of 7 or above with no subtest below 6.5; or
(ii) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - a score of 593 or above (paper-based test) or 97 or above (internet-based test)
In each case, for admissions purposes, the test score report is regarded as valid for two years of the application deadline.
Subject to satisfying these entrance requirements, applications are considered for admission based on factors including the applicant's academic record, their relevant experiences, academic and other references, the quality of their personal statements, and other information as validly provided in a submission; and in view of submissions received from other applicants and taking into account any admissions quota.
(1) Demand for admission to the programme is typically high. We strongly encourage applicants to make their submissions early and in a complete form;
(2) Supporting documents must be submitted within three weeks from the date of application;
(3) If you expect to be unable, despite best efforts, to satisfy simultaneously all our documentaryrequirements, you are encouraged to make the application and include with your submission a brief explanation of the reason for delay and stating when the required documents will become available;
(4) Applications will not be reviewed or acted upon until they are complete, which is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Programme Admissions Advisor(s)
|Dr Stefan LO|
List of Programmes