|Abbreviation||FT / PT|
The Master of Science in Nursing [MSc(Nurs)] Programme admits Bachelor's degree holders from non-nursing disciplines and prepares them for registration with the Nursing Council of Hong Kong as a Registered Nurse. The Programme provides a comprehensive and holistic nursing education which strives to achieve professional excellence in nursing. Students will develop the capacity to become a transformative nurse, making a positive impact on the outcomes of patients and healthcare systems, with the capacity to become a future leader in the profession.
The curriculum consists of 29 courses (204 credits) including 24 professional core courses and 5 practicum courses, which focuses on quality care, clinical skills, leadership and is designed to be both research-intensive and research-informed.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates are able to:
1. implement comprehensive professional knowledge in nursing practice;
2. apply the scientific evidence to advance health education and nursing care across diverse settings;
3. use ethical principles in decision making and apply the relevant legal parameters within their practice;
4. demonstrate cultural competency and nursing leadership to facilitate interprofessional collaborationsand to enhance healthcare outcomes;
5. develop transferable skills required for independent reflective learning and research for continuingprofessional development; and
6. develop the ability to evaluate personal scholarship, professional growth and excellence in practice.
Mode of Attendance
Full Time (three years)
Medium of Instruction
Programme Entrance Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the curriculum leading to the degree of MSc(Nurs), candidates shall:
a. comply with the General Regulations;
b. comply with the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
c. hold a Bachelor's degree in a non-nursing discipline of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose in recent 5 years normally;
d. meet the 'Minimum entry requirements for training of Registered Nurses' from the Nursing Council of Hong Kong;
e. have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese); and
f. satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required.
List of Programmes
Full Time: 12:00 noon (GMT +8), December 22, 2023